9.05.2011

::the layout::

I realize that it may be difficult to picture the layout of our bedrooms and our hallway, etc., as I'm talking about them on here, so I thought I'd give you a little bit better idea with these floor plans that I drew up as we were having our inspection done. We used http://www.floorplanner.com/ to put in our measurements. You do have to sign up with a username but it's a free service. It's not quite intuitive, but it's not too difficult if you've got a little bit of time to mess around with it.

Back to the measurements - as Chad walked around the house with the inspector, my job was to measure every single wall length of that house. I think I did a pretty good job because most of my measurements went into the program pretty well (if I do say so myself) and we didn't end up with any triangle shaped bedrooms. Obviously, these two levels aren't to scale - the basement fits under the back half of the main floor (I believe the storage room ends about halfway under the Bedroom 2 if that clears things up at all.) Oh and the big black record looking thing in the storage room? That's our water heater. It is MASSIVE. We'll never run out of hot water again, so come one, come all!
Just for clarification:
Bedroom 1 is the room we will sleep in (it has the biggest closet!)
Bedroom 2 will be my Project Room and
Bedroom 3 will be Chad's Office aka MANland

I just got home from a long break, so hopefully work will start picking up again this week in a whirlwind!

ps. I just got word we'll hopefully have our first "new house" visitors later this month! Yipppee!
(We've needed a little pressure to get us moving!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your floor plans make it much easier to view your pictures. I can tell where it was taken. Sidenote: The easiest way to line up floor plans of two different levels is to line up the bathrooms. In most "normal" homes, the builders try to line up the waste lines, drain lines, vents pipes and water lines to reduce costs. You probably already knew that! --wc

my rebel took over said...

I LOVE the floor plans! Looking at other people's houses and projects is so fun!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to stay with you all overnight. As you can imagine that might be a while, but it is a goal to get back and be with you and the dogs in the new house. --wc

 
Clicky Web Analytics