4.22.2011

::home:: a new one?




So we've been a little pre-occupied lately.
Remember here when I mentioned we were working on a secret project?
Well, it's finally out in the open.
We bought a new house!
That weekend (oh so long ago!) was when we first spotted the house,
and asked our real estate agent to help us make it ours!!!
This morning, we went over to the title company and Chad signed the paperwork.

then we waited to hear if we would be able to take possession today
and get the keys. Around 4 o' clock we got word that the keys would be in our hot little
hands around 6 o' clock.

Once we got the key, we went over to the new house to go in and remember
what it actually looks like, how big it actually is, and where the closets actually are.
(Things we've been debating - it's hard to remember those details!)
We put the key in the lock and ... wah wah. No worky.
On any of the three exterior doors.
I spent my waiting time walking around the house and taking some pics...
so for your sneak peaking pleasure,
our new house:


ps. our realtor did straighten out the sitch and get us a key for the house,
so we probably spent about two and a half hours just walking around and
talking about all of the things we're going to do because you better believe we're
gonna fix 'er up!
pps. i'm pretty sure our blog just turned into a home improvement blog. just fair warning.

8 comments:

Balagna Bunch said...

YEAH! I am so glad you go it and I can't wait to see it. I will have to bug my hubby to find a time we can come down!

Lindsey said...

It's beautiful. I love red brick! Can't wait to see the inside.

Anonymous said...

V. here... tricky agent to make you wait for the right key. cute house.

blackstarmonkey said...

SO eXCiTED!!! i want to come help move in!!

my rebel took over said...

Congratulations! I hope you do document your renovations! I would love to see what you do with the new place! (I wouldn't be sad about a thorough interior house tour either)!

PS: I watched Downton Abbey finally. I loved it, but I thought it ended rather abruptly. I was hoping it's actually a series and that was just season one. That's what the ending felt like to me!

a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
liso. said...

Thanks, everyone! We are sooo excited! More pics will be coming soon!

And Amy - I totally agree! They've got the next season in the works so it won't be for a little while. I don't think they were expecting the response they got, but I can't wait for it to come on again. So many unanswered questions!

JJC said...

sounds so fun! I can't wait to see what you do-you are so creative!

 
Clicky Web Analytics