10.12.2010

::home:: old-fashioned bus scroll


I finally finished the project that I've been alluding to over the last two weekends! I've seen lots of these old fashioned bus or train scrolls on the world wide web and finally decided to make my own. The possibilities are endless with this project: cities visited, cities lived, favorite restaurants, favorite songs, etc, etc, etc. I think it would be fun to have one in my parents house with all of the street names they've ever lived on. But it would be an eighteen foot board, so maybe not. :)
I made ours to commemorate (some) of the places we've visited so far. Our anniversary is close to Christmas, so we usually don't do any gift giving - instead, I try to make something for our home during the year that is kind of special for us. This is my 2010 project. Some are big cities and some are smaller places with more familial significance. I love that it includes Cherry Lake (Chad's boyhood summer cabin) and Kalispell from our most recent Montana trip. I didn't realize until it was finished that we left off Boston!, one of our favorite places to visit...

 

8 comments:

my rebel took over said...

Alison, I LOVE this project! I've been getting a little spray paint happy around here, so this is quite intriguing. Too bad the previous owner here was way too into chair rails. I'd have to make a short version of this.

Hmmmm...actually my bedroom doesn't have chair rails and is in desperate need (for the two years we've lived here already) of something fun on the wall.

Ohhh...now I just have to decide what to put on it! I am completely inspired. Yours looks awesome!

liso. said...

Amy, you totally should! I'm so happy with how it turned out.

and ps. you should post some of your spray paint projects! i'd love to see...!

blackstarmonkey said...

um have i told you that i ice cream cone this?

Dave and Lindsey said...

I love your project. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

V. here...that is the perfect place for your sign. i love that is includes all the BIG and little places you've been. -your travel history..Love the sign!

Anonymous said...

V. here... Is Rhineland in Ger or Fr or is it a USA place?

Tiffany said...

stop making me covet all the cute things you've been making (I LOVE all your Halloween decor, too). Too much cute.

Bus Scrolls said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information. I'll definitely add this great post in my article section.

 
Clicky Web Analytics