7.18.2010

::home:: in july

July has hit with a vengeance. Every year I think that I've acclimated to the hot summers here
in the George. And then every July I remember that June is nowhere near as bad as July and August and that I have definitely. not. acclimated.
So we're holed up inside... and on a weekend like this, we venture outside only to take the puppies to the lake and to Harmons for the worlds best snow cones.
Inside, I'm working on a new quilt and watching lots of really great Netflix during our free trial period.
I've started a new quilt in oranges and blues... it will (hopefully) look like this one -ish following this little lady's quilt along... it's the first time I've REALLY ever worked with triangles (aside from that one teeny tiny sampler quilt that Mom helped me make for my Young Women in Action night {that's not what it's called... but I can't remember what it is... the night when you're a 12 year old and are going to go in YW? WHAT IS IT? It's driving me crazy now...}). But I seem to be having some success... I'm fairly pleased with my points, and my corners seem to be lining up all right!?! So, Mom, a picture for you:


Hope everyone else is staying cool!

ps. Mom, I got a copy of Austenland this weekend. Have you had a chance to read it, yet? If not, I'll send it to you when I'm finished.
pps. Need some movie options? I highly recommend Phoebe in Wonderland, On A Clear Day, Beauty Academdemy of Kabul, Bride and Prejudice, and Music Wars. Any recommendations for me?

5 comments:

Dave and Lindsey said...

Nice quilt. It's super hot here as well and hasn't rained in a LONG time. Even with the air on I'm still hot, I'm sure the baby is keeping me extra warm.

And I think you're thinking of New Beginnings for YW.

The Ringer Family said...

looks good!
There's evening of excellence too for YW where you share your talents I think....

Anonymous said...

V. here...These stars are great and the quilt will be gorgeous. I love it. Great job. How is your sewing machine working??(I thought it wasn't) Anyway, excellent work. I would love to read Austenland...thanks for sending it (try on your dress) I just finished reading the annotated Pride and Prejudice. (It was about twice as long and a little tedious at times, but I learned so much background of the time she lived.
Also, I bought a video. It was a TV series (in the 70's or 80's-I can't tell which} It is Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. I bought it for little 7 yr old R. to watch, but it turns out it is a little too suspenseful and 11 yr. old K. likes them! OH!the Hardy boys are Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy!

the gramma said...

Hmmmmm. Orange and blues but I think I see Green. Now this is in my area!!!!! Good job - now will u be ready for the quilting?? Luv

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

 
Clicky Web Analytics