3.21.2010

::home:: the bench

So back in this post, I mentioned a few things that I was still working on for our front room. One of the things I mentioned was that I wanted to get rid of those two ottomans and get a bench as a coffee table. I had my eye on the Benchwright bench from Pottery Barn, but obviously there's no chance I'm going to spend that kind of money on it.
________
Enter: my husband
________
Last weekend he had an extra day off work, so he just whipped this up. We literally saved hundreds off of the Pottery Barn version and I just love the way that i turned out. I'm still undetermined about the bar across the bottom - I may like it better without? If we do keep the bar, though, it's going to get a little bit of paint to darken it up a bit. What do you think? Keep the metal bar across the bottom?
So here it is: their version and our version:

Thanks for all your work, honey! I absolutely love it!

9 comments:

Balagna Bunch said...

I love it! Wow Chad you are very talented. I kind of like bar.

The Ringer Family said...

I say definately keep the bar across the bottom. At first I kinda wondered about it when I saw the original picture, but I think it adds a lot to the 'character', it'd look a little lonely without it I think. I'm impressed Chad, you're quite the craftsman. You know the kind of people that play the piano by ear? You're a create it by sight kinda guy...you don't even need directions!

JJC said...

I love it! you have a very talented hubs! ALso, I never did thank you for the info on the fabric, so THANK YOU!

You have a great sense of style-your house looks like a magazine, I'm so impressed!

w&v said...

What a talent! The bench is beautiful! --wc

blackstarmonkey: said...

i like the bar! ho-leee crap how did chad make it look just like that? did he like, MAKE it make it? like he is just MAKING a canoe? no big deal, apparently....

Joanna said...

OK, I like the bar, but I actually didn't even notice it, I saw the picture first before I read your words, and I thought, What a nice bench, so I think I like it without? I think I would like it with the bar if you painted it darker or maybe had some different furniture in your room that had the similar look of the bars in them. Does that makes sense? I hope that helps with your decision. I am very impressed, you and your hubby have great talent.

Anonymous said...

V. here....it looks just great . so all C. needs now is a barn!!... so your bench can come from C's Barn.

the Rew Crew said...

Love it--and keep the bar (though do paint it to make it stand out more). Also, and this is just getting nit-picky...maybe think about countersinking those screws just like the PB version. It would give it a really finished look.

blackstarmonkey: said...

i still can't get over this...

 
Clicky Web Analytics