1.26.2010

::at home:: baby quilt

I've had a renewed interest in quilts since visiting with my Mom over Christmas, so I've been working on a few different projects. One is this quilt-as-you-go baby quilt that I've had my eye on for a loooong time... I used the oranges, yellows, and blues from the Everything But the Kitchen Sink charm pack that I got on sale a while ago, but since I'm too cheap to buy the pattern, I kind of had to finagle it - I'm happy with the way it turned out, though. I was worried about my lines being too crooked, and puckering with the fabric, but supposedly that adds to the character of this "charming, vintage quilt". It didn't even occur to me until I'd finished the top that I have no idea how to sew on a binding if you don't use the backing, so it may have to be a project to finish next time Mom visits (soon! soon!). I had to re-do my layout once, but it really was a pretty easy project... I didn't break my sewing machine and didn't take out any frustrations on Chad, so I'm calling it a success!
______
All real quilters name their quilts. I'm debating. Since this wasn't really quilted, maybe it doesn't deserve a name. That, and I can't think of a name. Any ideas? Maybe tic*tac*toe ?
________
ps - Mom, click on the picture to see it bigger

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

V.here... love the quilt.. and such a cute name. Perfect!!!Oh you have so much more moxie than me>>>I saw that quilt and knew that I'd never attempt it even WITH a pattern. You did great!!You have way more than your share of quilt moxie!!

the gramma said...

I love your "Baby Vintage" -- where did you and V see the original? Wish I could see the details closer so I could take a guess at the binding method. (and I did enlarge the pic). Guess I'm not hanging around quilt stores that much anymore - have my hands full with U.F. projects!! Please keep us posted on your findings.

Tiffany said...

I have been wanting to sew this quilt pattern for a looooong time-- I don't think I'd ever have the patience to quilt a "real" quilt, but I am also in love with this look. You did a fabulous job on it. Everything you make/design/decorate looks so so good to me.

Amber said...

I love those colors!

blackstarmonkey: aspiring ninja/sheepherder said...

this is dee a are el i en gee. i love it.

The Ringer Family said...

that is amazing - you have the most amazing nac for the crafty things

liso. said...

aw, thanks, everyone.

it's still just sitting there. waiting for me to learn the bindings. sigh.

 
Clicky Web Analytics