1.31.2010

::challenges:: end of january

so sister and i are doing mini-month-long-challenges again this year - but this time we're each selecting our own. for me, this year is all about creating habits. in january i decided i would begin MOISTURIZING my face - something i have never done or been interested in doing.

i give myself an A-. i have not moisturized every night, but i do believe it's a habit now. i don't use anything fancy, just Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion - at the recommendation of Paula Begoun (she recommended it to my mom on the pages of her book early in my adolescence and i believe it's been a household staple for almost everyone in my family ever since)

ps. moisturizing kind of makes me feel like a celebrity. i imagine i'm using the same diamond-formula that j.lo admitted to using on an MTV interview back in the 90s.

pps. yes. yes, i watched emma tonight. and yes, it was so good. final part next week.

7 comments:

blackstarmonkey: aspiring ninja/sheepherder said...

challenges good. moisturizing is good. i like the summary at the end of the month. i will follow suit....

Condita said...

Hey I bought that exact bottle this weekend! It leaves my face and neck feeling clammy or something though, hey maybe that's moisture and I'm just not used to it :)

liso. said...

Dita,
I used to think the same thing... which is why I never moisturized... with this stuff, a little goes a looooong way, so i use just a drop. And it still feels weird right after I put it on, but my face feels great in the morning. So I guess I should have mentioned I'm a nighttime only moisturizer.

The Merk-ster said...

ha ha! I watched emma too! while putting together a crazy-hard puzzle.
just wanted to drop a note so you'd know we're still following you. :)

Anonymous said...

V. here... I just found a double pack of cetaphil at Sam's this month... Maybe they have carried it a long time.?? I saw Emma toooooo!

Amber said...

Funny how family traditions start. My favorite lotion is Keri. It became my favorite in a similar way. My cousin had super dry skin as a baby, and a Dr. gave her mom a list of like three lotions that would actually moisturize the skin. Keri was on the list. It is one of those pasty, thick kinds, but it works. It has been in the family ever since. I bet you could find some in my sister's house and my mom's house as we speak. It's nice that we can learn from other people's experiences. Aren't families great?

liso. said...

i love that, Amber! i can actually picture your big bottle of Keri - it's always somewhere in your house!

 
Clicky Web Analytics