12.04.2009

::christmas advent::december 4:: trimming the tree


My Mom taught me every year at Christmas that, "The most important part of a beautiful tree is the lights. Some people just skirt them around the outside of the branches. But the trick is to weave them in deep by the trunk and then work your way out along each branch." I've listened and now every year, I work on the lights, just like Mom, trimming in and out and in and out. This years was a little tougher, though. That was one thick tree... our biggest one, yet!

4 comments:

blackstarmonkey: aspiring ninja/sheepherder said...

amen to that. this year we don't have a real tree...it's made out of black paper leftover from our halloween festivities, but don't worry, it will look awesome because C is like Martha Stewart.

Anonymous said...

V. here...your tree is beautiful!!I hope your arms are not chewed up after putting those lights on...that is dedication. You two are real Christmas people ...with a REAL tree!!And I love the pic of C picking up the Christmas tree with your help. hee hee. Picking up the Christmas in his summer shorts!v.

mina said...

what a pretty tree!

Amber said...

It's beautiful! I'm jealous. We didn't bring decorations because we won't be here for Christmas, but I've decided decorating is part of what makes it feel like Christmas.

 
Clicky Web Analytics