7.04.2009

::wandering:: up north with millie

this last weekend we found ourselves up north after some plans with my folks fell through. i got a chance to hang out with my old college roommate (former living: the Projects) for an afternoon. she took me to an AMAZING restaurant in O-rem called Pizzeria Seven Twelve (apparently so named because 712* is the perfect temp to cook pizza in a brick oven) and the food was sooo good! apparently, they have a rotating menu so they serve the freshest ingredients, always in season. they brought out homemade pita and hummus as soon as we sat down, and i immediately knew i was in for a treat! we ordered the pesto panini and a pizza (wood-fired) with caramelized onion, mushroom, homemade ricotta, and spinach and we split them both. seriously - i didn't want to stop eating. so next time you're in the area, stop in. it's so worth it.

also while up north, i finally got to try Smart Cookie. um, again, so worth it. my top rec is the Lemon Drop sugar cookie. mmmm, i wish i could eat one right now.

ps - Congratulations to Millie who i just found out is prego! I'm so excited for you!!! also, if you're looking for someone to do your hair, she is amazing... contact her as Amelia at Remedez Salon. she'll work her magic! it was great to see you, lady!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

v. here... looks delicious!!I'll have to try!! Pizza 712 AND cookie. Oh yes I remember beautiful hair Millie. yummie postv

blackstarmonkey: aspiring ninja/sheepherder said...

this post makes me really hungry....guess what, i think i'll be in p-town for sarah's wedding this weekend...

jennie w. said...

Hi I'm your swap partner and I just have to say what a small world it is. I was in Orem last Sturday and ate at Pizzeria 712 too! Sooo good!

 
Clicky Web Analytics