12.21.2008

::home:: at christmastime

Last year I got a little emotional one night while talking to Chad because I felt like we weren't doing very many Christmas-y activities. I felt like we were missing the Christmas season. So this year, we've made sure to slow down and take advantage of all of the activities of this time of year. Here's some of what we've been doing this month:

Lo-o-o-ots of decorating the house...


Walks to the temple at night...


Decorating the tree with Bud & Barb


Festival of Lights with Tresspasser Will...


Christmas concerts...


Walks around town to see the lights...


Live Nativity with Bud & Barb

The one thing I really wanted to do that we haven't had a chance is to go see the reindeer up north at Thanksgiving Point (I know - what a dork!), but maybe next year. This last week we've been getting ready to go on our family old-Bethlehem Christmas out in the desert, so we're busy with getting food, decorations, camping equipment, and warm clothes ready to go. I can't wait! I hope everyone has been having Christmas fun in your neck of the woods!

5 comments:

The Ringer Family said...

I was telling Casey this year that I wanted to do the Polar Express with Brendan this year (and I've REALLY been wanting to see the Thanksgiving Point decorations) but we haven't - things are going to be getting too crazy:( Maybe next year we should do the Polar Express Together:)?

anjobanjo said...

what a wonderful christmas season! sounds fun! i live like 5 miles from thanksgiving point and had no idea there were reindeer there!!!!!!

liso. said...

oh yeah, and I'm TOTALLY sad we missed it...i want a pic with a reindeer WAY more than a pic with Santa!

Anonymous said...

V. here..
I had no idea so many great Christmas things were in St. George. A live Nativity sounds great. And why do you have coats on in St George???
Also, thanks for posting the photos of the Christmas St George Temple. What a wonderful season. You have let nothing go to waste this season. love, V.

Anonymous said...

V. here, again
I forgot to say that I like your house Christmas decorations. How nice to have B &B help with tree decorations. Also, I like your Christmas books! love, V

 
Clicky Web Analytics