11.02.2008

::home:: FINISHED!

This has been a project that I’ve wanted to do for a long time. These little dressers were my Mom’s when she was a kid – they were originally a pale ivory with gold along the top edges and top drawer detail. They’ve been used in about every room for every purpose imaginable since then. I think Dad was the first one to give them a coat of paint, then they gave the set to ::us:: after we got married. I painted them red about two years ago and now it's time for another makeover (since we're not living in Gigi's apartment!). The before and the after:
This was harder than I thought it would be. I had the idea of using the excess sticker part of these decals as the stencil. Way easy, right? Hmmph. They definitely didn’t come out perfectly, but I’m pretty happy with it. I’m definitely glad the top is plain (although you can’t even see it now!) – thanks for everyone’s advice!

2 comments:

blackstarmonkey said...

they're dope! that JUST happened!

The Ringer Family said...

love 'em!

 
Clicky Web Analytics