10.07.2008

I just need to vent…

…for a minute about my husband…I just need someone to know what I go through living with him…

First of all, the dogs. He never takes care of them. Never feeds them. Never, ever takes them out for walks. Never sweeps the floor to make sure there’s not dog hair when people come over to visit. Never covers the couch to make sure they don’t get up during the day while we’re gone. Never picks up massive amounts of poop out of the backyard. And he never spends time, just giving them loves.

Second: around the house. He never helps me clean. Never sweeps the floor, mops the floor, shines the floor. Never helps me dust the fan that I can’t reach. Never helps out with the laundry. Never, ever does the dishes after I’ve cooked. Never scrubs the toilet cause I hate to. Never helps out when I have a “big cleaning”.

Next: Fixing up our house. He didn’t do a lick of work here. He didn’t spend five hours every night working on the next project. He didn’t install new sinks or sheetrock all of the weird places. He didn’t change flooring over 1700 sq. feet. He didn’t get on a ladder to mud all of the places I couldn’t reach. He didn’t change almost every single light fixture in our house. He didn’t put in new outlets, countertops, or baseboards. And he didn’t just finish our stairs last weekend…out of the blue. He really does nothing.

And last, me. He’s never, ever patient with me. Never tells me he loves me, or that I look nice. Never wants to cuddle, or “hold.” Never wants to spend time with me. Never helps me to relax when I’m stressed out about messiness. He didn’t tell me that the 2nd bedroom should be “just yours”. He doesn’t ever understand that it’s expensive to get LONG hair colored! He never, ever spoils me. And he never talks nice to me, even when we’re fighting.

So that’s what I live with. I just don’t want him to think I don’t notice.

6 comments:

The Ringer Family said...

oh brother, I was a little worried at first of all the 'he doesn't...' but as I was reading them I thought, he does that, and that, he did that too, and that...good one, because you're just joking, right?:)

Anna said...

awww, he's awesome! i'm so glad i got to meet him =) and i can't be happier you found him and he married you, or i would have had to ;)

and btw, when's his next straw-bale project - we want to help if that's at all possible - josh is dying to do this!

Dave and Lindsey said...

Jerk.

liso. said...

...of course he does all that! ...practically perfect...

Erich and Kara said...

Isn't being married great!?! Erich and I just need to get down to St. George area so we can finally meet Chad. I especially love that Chad clenas up all the dog hair for company. I can appreciate what a pain that is to do. Our chocolate lab seems to shed all year long!

blackstarmonkey said...

hahaha. i don't think everyone gets your post. hahah. but i think you're both very lucky. ;)

 
Clicky Web Analytics