8.21.2008

::home:: YOUR room!

I've started working on the second bedroom in the last couple of weeks. Let me correct: the REAL work (painting, drywalling, installing switches, fans, shades, etc) is already done. I've started the FUN in the second bedroom. It's going to need to serve several purposes, since we're only a 2-roomer. My office is going to be in the closet (and I am soooo excited about it) and it's going to be our guest room. I want it to be fun and comfortable since I'll be spending so much time in there, and also be a place where our guests enjoy staying. It should be kiddo-friendly...we've got lots of nieces and nephews and a lot of our friends have piddles, so I want it to be a fun, happy place for them to go, too. (The rest of our house is kind of lame for kids, I'll be honest. If they don't like dogs, we're a flop!).

The room is painted a very light green color. I want my main accents to be blue and brown. So far I've done only one thing. I got these SUPER cool wall stickers at IKEA that are a dark green outline of a tree.... and I've been bookmarking tons of really great wall decor...Im going to ask for your advice on some of these things. I found these on Etsy by sarahjanestudios and I just LOVE them, but I'm not sure if they're too girly... but I don't actually know if I care! What do you think?



I LOVE them! Would you be happy to wake up in a room with these on the wall? I'll be posting more ideas later, so give me your feedback! I'm trying not to be too OCD with this project and take my time so that I know I'll love everything I choose.
My main project right now in the room is the closet. We've added the 'desk' and I have a shoe organizer as my 'stuff holder', but still need to put up some curtains, get a magnetic board hung, paint a chair, etc. You can see updates on this project down on the leftside under Alison's Project-os. Then I'll work more on decorating the rest of the room...

6 comments:

w&v said...

Sounds nice--kinda girlie

Anna said...

i love her prints, too! maybe you should just have a sweet little baby girl, then it'd work out nicely! ;)

blackstarmonkey said...

I like the rain one. Maybe Seattle is starting to grow on me...
i found something that would be cool to get for your birfffday that may look cool in this room...Tell me....will a pure white object look good with your scheme--as an accent? I think it would work if you saw it....

The Ringer Family said...

I like it because it's seasonal-ish and would go really good with that tree theme you already have going - they don't really have to be girls either ya know, you're creative enough to switch 2 to boys. Oh - speaking of magnetic board, do you have that yet? I've got an idea, remind me;Pottery Barn/Downeast!

Anonymous said...

I like the lt. green wall color and the prints will look nice on it . I tried clicking on the photo (left) of your wall closet but it wouldn't come up . I wanted to see it bigger. Can't wait to see your room in person. L Vickie.

Amber said...

Those pictures are awesome. They are very classic. With the green walls and the blue jacket on the one picture (typical boy colours) I think it balances out the gender thing. The important thing is that they really are soothing, soft, and inviting tones. They give you something to love about each of the seasons. Very reminiscent. I would happily stay there. ~Amber

 
Clicky Web Analytics